Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Book list

Lifted from Rob (not me, a Rob from Chicago)

1. One book you have read more than once: Besides books of the Bible: Jane Eyre, Jude the Obscure, Gone with the Wind...the list goes on.

2. One book you would want on a desert island: I suppose I should say the Bible, but I would enjoy so many others--how about The LIfe of Pi.

3. One book that made you laugh: The No. One Ladies Detective Agency--the whole series by Alexander Smith

4. One book that made you cry: Maybe Cold Mountain. If I didn't actually cry, I was at least inclined.

5. One book you wish you had written: All of them. To narrow it down, To Kill A Mockingbird

6. One book you wish had never been written: The Lovely Bones. Everybody raves about it, but good God. It was horrible--just kept getting worse with each page turn.

7. One book you are currently reading: The Crying of Lot 49. Not all the interested but obligated.

8. One book you have been meaning to read: got a stack of 'em.

9. One Book That Changed Your Life: Again, I should say the Bible, but I have been reading that on and off since 1st grade. Maybe Grapes of Wrath comes close.

10. Now Tag 5 bloggers: well, I'm not sure any other bloggers actually read my stuff.

4 comments:

Rob7534 said...

I liked your answers! It's hard not to say that the Bible is an important document, and transformative, but I can tell that you read far more than I!

Ms. Mac said...

Rob, you'll have to check and see if I got the ending of The Grapes of Wrath right on Mr7534's blog!

I haven't read Cold Mountain yet. I haven't seen the movie either so maybe I should try and read it before I ever do see it!

Rob said...

Ms Mac--I like to take movies at their own face value because they are always so different from the book, and then I either end up disappointed or just plain disgusted. But in the case of Cold Mountain, they stuck to the tale closely enough that I approved. Do read the book, though. For his first novel, Frasier (spell?) was absolutely beautiful.

Rob said...

Oh, and you got ending right on Grapes. Rose of Sharon, wasn't that her name? Haunting.