Friday, June 20, 2008

Art Day

So, this is what I've been spending a good portion of this week doing, painting a flamingo on a lime-green Adirondack chair, and it was extremely fun. The chair and ottoman belong to my friend Joan who is going through a flamingo phase. She bought a whimsical lawn ornament flamingo with flapping wings and bright pink pin lights outlining its body, so this chair was designed to compliment the electric bird. After Joan coats this thing with a good lacquer finish, her deck will be ready for a party, I'd say. Something with cosmopolitans, perhaps. Or mai tais.

Here I added just a hint of surprise for the person sitting in the chair, little flowers and dots. They go with my personal polka dot phase.

12 comments:

Pianist friend said...

It's lovely...and way cool!! How fun...party on!
PF

dive said...

Robyn, that is the coolest garden chair I have ever seen!
Could I order four, please?
If you deliver them personally we can test them out with tea on the lawn.

MmeBenaut said...

Now that is spectacular! See you at Dive's place. I'll bring the biscuits (cookies)!

Rich said...

I could see myself sitting in that smoking one of my favorite cigars on a clear - warm summer night.

nice job..it's bright!!

Shannon & Paul said...

Geez, Rob, you could sell a truckload of those up the road alongside the gazebos, swingsets, and picnic tables. You are inspiring me to get my furniture projects done.

Mrs. G. said...

I love this! I think you have just given me an activity for the weekend!

dive said...

It's Saturday now.
So …

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Robynnnnnnnnn …
Happy Birthday to you!

Yay, Scout! Many happy returns!
XOX

Alifan said...

I love the chair Robyn, as I love all that you achieve..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ROBYN.

May you have a wonderful day, you deserve the best.. Love Beryl xx

Istvanski said...

Dive told me to pop over and wish you many happy returns...

Happy Birthday, Robyn. Enjoy and have a good year ahead. Lovely chair, by the way.

Scout said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

And I think a side business of painting lawn furniture would be very fun!

DearestDragonfly said...

BRILLIANT (you)! Love it.

Shan said...

I love this soooo much! You make me want to be a better.....well "do-er". So inspiring and talented you are!