Friday, June 27, 2008

Art Day

I had a hankering to create another needle punch piece, but I didn't know what to make. Just off the top of her head, my daughter suggested a lion, so I sketched out a lion in foliage, slightly abstract so that his mane looks like the sun. And then I transfered it to the cotton and went to work. The finished piece is about 3 x 5 inches. I'm not sure what to do with it now. It can be framed or stitched into a decorative pillow. For now, it just sits in a pile of stuff.

I would like to keep making stuff in this craft form, but I don't want to collect 3 x 5 images that I'll never do anything with. The next step is to find a design style that matches my house and make something suitable. Hmmm.

6 comments:

Shazza said...

I like him!!!

Maybe with all of the 3x5 pieces you can connect them and make like a patchwork hanging or placemat of somekind?

They should be on display...not in a pile of stuff.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

Don't leave it in a pile of stuff! Ahhhh. I'm all anxious. Display it!!!

Shan said...

DUDE!! You are something! :) I can't even manage to blog. Much less make something cute-and then blog about it! Sheesh.

MmeBenaut said...

I love it! You are right - a larger scale project but in smaller pieces so that you can stitch them together perhaps - a wall hanging?

Alifan said...

Once again Robyn you are so creative...

dive said...

This is so cool, Robyn. I love his mane and the fact that he's just sneaking a look around the edge of the picture at us.