Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Walk With Me

I took my new camera out to the patio to see what I might see.
Here is what I discovered:

If you were a bird about to poop by the pool, and you looked up to see this very hungry owl glaring at you, would you feel encouraged to make your mess elsewhere?

A butterfly beside the overgrown thyme.

A snail being eaten alive by the overgrown oregano.

A bug-eyed something escaping the chives that are being eaten alive by the overgrown oregano. It looks like the little blue bird has already been captured.

Betsy McCall hiding by the fern in her rain gear because it has rained here every day since 1974.

5 comments:

dive said...

Hee hee, Robyn. What a trippy trip around your lovely garden.
I half expected to see a white rabbit carrying a big old watch.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

Let's frolic in your garden more often!

DearestDragonfly said...

It's a jungle out there.

Oh...I miss my Betsy McCall paper dolls.

MmeBenaut said...

It rains every day? I have oregano growing too; I dry it in the summer heat and put it in jars and use it all winter. Once I have done that, I just let it flower before I cut it right back to the roots, to let it start all over again. But, it does take over if you let it.

MmeBenaut said...

You have to come and see what I found in my garden today :)