Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Diversion

We all need a happy diversion, I'm sure of it. In yesterday's English class, I learned that "diversíon" means "fun" in Spanish. So, here is our fun for today. I have always hated sports, but if I could golf like Fred Astaire, I might be more inclined to get out there and swing a club, or a bat, or whatever it's called.

What you don't see in this clip is that he was trying to impress a girl (Ginger Rodgers) who was standing by the fence when he first starting showing off. When he looks up at the end and sees she had not been amused and walked away, he grins.

4 comments:

dive said...

Rats. I'd love to sit here in the office watching Fred at lunchtime but videos are blocked here so I'll have to wait until I get home.
Hey ho.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

That was a fun diversion indeed.

savannah said...

that was absolutely grand, sugar! and now i'm going back to bed! xoxxo

lynn said...

I love Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers. Thanks for that little diversion. I've never seen anyone play golf like that, with those fancy steps he he... great!